Digital Ad Specs and Creative
Thank you for your interest in advertising with HIMSS Media. Below is more information about available ad units, specifications, and requirements for creative. If you have any questions or need additional information beyond what is provided, please contact us.
|Ad Unit||Dimensions||Accepted File Formats||Max File Size||Max File Size (HTML5)||Animation/Loop||3rd Party creative tags accepted||Impression trackers accepted||Click trackers accepted|
|Leaderboard||728x90||.gif, .jpg, .png, HTML5||50k||200KB||15 sec/3x||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Medium Rectangle||300x250||.gif, .jpg, .png, HTML5||50k||200KB||15 sec/3x||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Half Page||300x600||.gif, .jpg, .png, HTML5||75k||200KB||15 sec/3x||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Pre-Scroll||1400x500||.gif, .jpg, .png||200k||N/A||N/A||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Anchor||1400x500||.gif, .jpg, .png||200k||N/A||N/A||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Pushdown||970x250||.gif, .jpg, .png, HTML5||50k / 100k||200KB||15 sec/2x||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Mobile Banner||320x50||.gif, .jpg, .png||30k||N/A||10 sec/2x||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Newsletters||300x250 & 728x90||.gif, .jpg, .png||40K||N/A||N/A||No||No||Yes|
When developing and submitting your creative, please take the following considerations into account:
- Send creative files attached, not embedded.
- We accept creative from most major ad serving networks (please inquire). 3rd party tags must be live at the time of submission to enable thorough testing before launch. Reporting access and login must be provided.
- HTML5 must be third party ad served via Sizmek, Doubleclick, or approved vendor.
- All creatives must have a minimum 1-pixel border.
- Audio must be user initiated. Max Play Time: 30 secs. Required Controls: Play, Pause, Sound
- Submission Lead-Time: 5 business days
- Flash is not a recommended format as major browsers no longer support this file type.
Digital Ads Best Practices
Use a call to action
A well-defined, compelling message will encourage users to visit your site.
Incorporate your brand/logo into everything to increase overall brand awareness.
Relevance is key
Make sure your display ads link to a relevant landing page (preferably mobile-optimized).
Keep it simple
Your message should be clear and concise: Don’t make your ads too busy.
Include product images/people using product
75 percent of what we know is visually learned. People are more attracted to images than text.
Don’t make people work for your message
Get the message across quickly and noticeably, and then let users interact.